Wednesday 9 January 2013

Dry Embossing Mid Week Motivation

Hi everyone it's Suzi b again with some dry embossing inspiration... hope you like it.
The idea came to me when I was searching through my12x12 papers trying to find inspiration for my Granddaughter's birthday card when I came across  the paper pictured below whichis  from DCWV: Latte Stack which I must say I've had for quite a while and never used..

I cut out the shapes and embossed them with various embossing folders. Then played around on a 15cm square card base until I was happy with the arrangement, I then added bits and pieces from my stash to give interest. I think if I had used a with love sentiment this could be an understated Valentines card... especially for a man.

As the DP went through my Cuttlebug it took some of the colour off here and there giving it a slight aged look ... I liked that. You can just see it on this photo.

See you soon
xx Suzi B xx

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea Suzi. Beautifully designed and carefully put together to create a really well balanced card. So good for those 'hard to do male cards'. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome technique, Suzi. I just love your card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi, this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE this technique and I adore the colors you used! Fabulous! And PINNED! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card. Love the colours and the modern layout here. could you tell me if the challenge is only for cards? Have a home decor project I'd like to make for this challenge. Thanks for the reply
    Carol
    c.tadden@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol the challenge is open to all forms of craft. I've sent an email.
      Suzi B :)

      Delete
  5. This is brilliant Sue! I love the colours and the different textures. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.