Wednesday 13 June 2012

MMM - Mid-week Motivation - Father's Day/Masculine Cards

Cards for men always seem to fill me with dread - I am very much a girly girl! I love to craft with pretty colours, flowers and ribbons. This week however I have stepped out of my comfort zone and created a Father's Day card to show you - I have replaced the frills with masculine colours and lots of texture.
As my track record with photographing my embossed projects is pretty poor I took a photograph half way through production to hopefully make it clearer what I have done - take a look



The dotty panel was created with my Cuttlebug and the ever faithful Swiss Dots embossing folder but the bottom panel was created with my scoring board - there are some fantastic ones on the market but mine is years old with corners knocked off and a sickly purple colour. It does the job though and the straight lines are perfect for a male card.
Here's what it looks like finished



Good job I took the 'before' pic as the lined embossing has totally disappeared! Anyhow colours used are Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla card stock along with Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler inks. Stamps are Up, Up and Away with some sentiments stamps from Papermania to finish it off.
Hope you like it and if you would like to take part in this week's challenge there's still time and all the details can be found HERE. You can join us on Facebook too if you like - the button is in the side bar.

6 comments:

  1. beautiful! love the colors and wonderful embossing.

    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's brilliant - I think I'm weird as I love doing mens cards ;-)

    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Jacqueline!!! :) LOVE the two different embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classy male card Jacqueline, love the monochrome with that pop of red! Delighted to learn I'm to join you on Kylie's DT :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love color combo and embossed backgrand.

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.